Nature of Service
You agree to access and use TH at your own risk on an as-is basis.
The content of TH is offered for general information and education purposes only. The content reflects personal opinions of the posters. You should be skeptical about any information on TH because the information may be untrue, offensive, and harmful.
TH includes user generated content and information that may reflect the viewpoints and other expressions of persons who contribute and post entries on a wide range of topics. The content reflects the opinion of the poster and are not necessarily statements of advice, opinion, or information of TH or any or any TH-affiliated person or entity.
TH and any information, products or services therein are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for use of a particular purpose, or noninfringement.
TH does not warrant that TH will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner or that TH is free of viruses or other harmful components. Use of information obtained from or through TH is at your own risk.
TH is not liable for any loss or damages including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, errors, loss of data, or interruption in availability of data arising out of the use or inability to use TH or any links; to your placement of content on TH; or to your reliance upon information obtained from or through TH or through links contained on TH.
TH is not an intermediary, broker/dealer, investment advisor, or exchange and does not provide services as such.
Use of Content
Under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, TH permits anyone to do the following with certain types of content from TH, in any medium:
To remix or otherwise alter TH material so long as the "TrendHunter.com" site logo and/or URL is displayed and credit is given. This includes, specifically, permission to reproduce quotes (up to 2 sentences), screenshots and material for mash-ups, parodies or articles for movies, online, TV or print. This does not include the right to republish content images from TH, for which TH may not be the copyright holder, except in the context of a screenshot of the whole site.
RSS feed use
TH provides a general license to use these feeds as detailed below, provided that they are not modified in anyway (including the stripping of ads):
1. For personal use in RSS readers, you may use Full ad-supported feeds. Ads must not be removed from the feeds.
2. For all other uses, including reproduction on websites, you may only use the Excerpt feeds, unless otherwise agreed with the company.
3. The RSS feeds may not be spliced into or otherwise redistributed by third-party RSS providers.
4. No content, including any advertisements or other promotional content, shall be added to the RSS feeds.
5. TH reserves the right to object to your presentation of the RSS feeds and the right to require you to cease using the RSS feeds at any time.
6. TH further reserves the right to terminate its distribution of the RSS feeds or change the content or formatting of the RSS feeds at any time without notice to you.
1. Internal links in TH content must not be removed.
2. TH logo and/or URL should appear on each page displaying TH content.
3. The format or branding of the headlines, text and other information provided in the RSS feeds must not be modified.
4. "More" links back to original TH content at the end of each post must be included on content pages and may not be removed.
5. Full articles must not be syndicated, only the amount of text found in the RSS feed.
1. Reproduction of screenshots is permissible, without prior written approval, so long as the TH logo and/or URL is fully visible or otherwise included on the page. See above for general permissions on partial content.
2. The Trend Hunter logo and/or URL must appear prominently at the top of each section displaying TH content.
3. Content must appear unedited, except for replacement of hyperlinks with full URLs and use of product manufacturer's site links where appropriate.
4. Images from TH must not be used in print without you obtaining the appropriate copyright clearances yourself.
Use of Information by TH
TH reserves the right to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request. TH may also edit, refuse to post, or remove any posting at TH’s sole discretion. TH reserves the right to restrict access by any users whom TH believes, in its sole discretion, are engaged in inappropriate, unprofessional, or unlawful conduct.
TH reserves the right to remove content which, in its sole discretion, violates any of the rules set forth herein of which it becomes aware, but is under no obligation to do so. If you are offended by any content of TH, refrain from using TH.
Responsibility of Contributors
1. Harassment, defamation, threats, stalking, bullying, or violations of the legal rights of others
2. Illegal activities
3. Impersonation of any person or entity, or falsely states or misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity
4. Infringement of another’s intellectual property, including, but not limited to, trade secrets, trademarks and copyrights of any type
5. Obscene, vulgar, bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive language or images
6. Commercial advertising
7. Securities for sale, barter, or exchange
8. Gambling, contests, chain letters, “pyramid schemes,” or “multi-level marketing” schemes
9. Viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content spam
10. Unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing)
11. Violations of any applicable local, state, national, or international law in connection with your use of TH. This includes securities laws and regulations.
Furthermore, you agree that, if a third party claims that any material you have contributed to TH is unlawful, you will bear the full burden of establishing that the material complies with all applicable laws.
Grant by Contributor
You are granting TH (or any of its assignees) a perpetual, royalty-free, and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, and sell any such information.
Choice of Law and Forum
“Trend Hunter” and “Unlocking Cool” are registered trademarks of Trend Hunter Inc. All other proprietary tools within TH are trademarks of TH. All other brands and names are the property of their respective owners. All corporate graphics on TH are trademarks of TH or TH-affiliated people or entities. Use, reproduction, copying, or redistribution of trademarks, without the written permission of TH or TH-affiliated people and entities, is prohibited. All other trademarks or servicemarks appearing on TH are the marks of their respective owners.
Unauthorized use of TH in connection with the transmission of unsolicited e-mail, including the transmission of e-mail in violation of this policy, may result in civil, criminal, or administrative penalties against the sender and those assisting the sender.
Content images posted on TH are readily available in various places on the Internet and are believed to be in the public domain and posted within TH’s rights according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act (17 USC).
It is TH's policy to disable accounts for users who repeatedly violate or infinge on copyrighted works, trademarks or other intellectual policy, when appropriate.
Trend Hunter features user generated content and submissions made from independent parties around the world. The primary purpose of our website is for research. We study the interactions with images representing ideas to better understand and predict consumer changes.
Because of our research methodology, we require thousands of experiments and articles to have enough data to detect trends with statistically significant assurance. At any given time there are thousands of experiments on the active portion of the site.
Our revenue comes not (to any significant degree) from advertising on the site but rather from our research and the custom work we do advising companies about innovation.
Pursuant to 17 USC. § 512 as amended by Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”), TH has instituted procedures to receive written notification of claimed infringements and to process such claims in accordance with the DMCA. If you believe your copyrights are being infringed, please fill out the Notice of Infringement form below and email it to Trend Hunter Inc.
The Notice of Infringement contains requested information that substantively complies with the safe harbor provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 USC. § 512(c)(3)(A), providing that to be effective under this subsection, a notification of claimed infringement must be a written communication provided to the designated agent of a service provider that includes substantially the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that Site.
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
7. Notification from a copyright owner or from a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner that fails to comply substantially with the provisions above shall not be considered as providing actual knowledge or an awareness of facts or circumstances from which infringing activity is apparent.
Please email to Trend Hunter Inc. a separate Notice of Infringement each time you would like to report alleged acts of infringement.
Notice of Infringement Form To: Trend Hunter Inc.
I, the undersigned, CERTIFY UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that I am the owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner of certain intellectual property rights. The name of such owner is ____________________________________ (the “Owner”).
I have a good faith belief that the material identified below is not authorized by the above Owner, its agent, or the law and thus infringes the Owner’s rights. Please act promptly to remove or disable the access to the material or items claimed to be infringing.
Location of the alleged infringing material:
Description of the infringing material:
Description of the copyrighted work that you claimed is infringed:
You may contact me at:
Street address: ____________________________
City, State: _______________________________
By accessing this site, certain information about the User, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, navigation through the Site, the software used and the time spent, along with other similar information, will be stored on Trend Hunter and Google Analytics servers. The information will be used internally only for web site traffic analysis. In some cases, this information is accessed via the use of "cookies", "web beacons" (image tags, GIF or web bugs), "embedded scripts" and other similar tracking technologies (collectively, "Tracking Technologies") to collect Anonymous Information automatically as you browse Trend Hunter sites.
Trend Hunter may enter into commercial agreements with advertisers, advertising networks, advertisement or user data exchanges, traffic measurement service providers, marketing analytics service providers and other third parties (collectively, "Third Party Advertisers") to, for example, serve advertisements on Trend Hunter sites, facilitate targeting of advertisements and/or measure and analyze advertising effectiveness and/or traffic on Trend Hunter sites ("Targeting Services"). In some cases, Tracking Technologies are employed in the use of these Targeting Services.
Although these Third Party Advertisers do not have access to Tracking Technologies set by Trend Hunter, the Third Party Advertisers may themselves set and access their own Tracking Technologies on user devices if users choose to have Tracking Technologies enabled in their browsers and/or they may otherwise have access to anonymous information about users.
Examples of Third Party Tracking on this site include: Remarkting With Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Platform Integrations, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, and QuantCast analytics.
Personally Identifiable Information is not collected as part of the use of either Tracking Technologies or Targeting Services by Trend Hunter or Third Party Advertisers. If the User provides unique identifying information, such as name, address and other information on forms stored on this Site, such information will be used only for statistical purposes and will not be published for general access. Trend Hunter, however, assumes no responsibility for the security of this information.
Should you wish to decline to allow the use Targeting Services by some Third Party Advertising Service Providers, the Network Advertising Initiative offers a web form by which web users can opt-out of user data collection activities by its member ad networks. This form can be found here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Note, however, that Trend Hunter will not guarantee the availability, performance or functionality of the NAI Opt-Out Tool nor will Trend Hunter guarantee that it will limit its commercial partnerships to NAI member networks and service providers.
Trend Hunter will not share or release your full individual assessment results with individuals or organizations outside the party that provided you with the link to participate in the assessment. The individual or organization that provided you with the link will adhere to their own sharing policy of your results.
Trend Hunter will share and release organization assessments to organizations to help identify strengths, gaps and opportunities and team composition in comparisons to industry benchmarks.
You may choose to share your summary assessment or full assessment via social media or distributing the assessment PDF or link.
Trend Hunter will aggregate and group results for various purposes, including without limitation, research, analysis, benchmarking, publicity and public presentations.