Nature of Service
You agree to access and use TH at your own risk on an as-is basis.
The content of TH is offered for general information and education purposes only. The content reflects personal opinions of the posters. You should be skeptical about any information on TH because the information may be untrue, offensive, and harmful.
TH includes user generated content and information that may reflect the viewpoints and other expressions of persons who contribute and post entries on a wide range of topics. The content reflects the opinion of the poster and are not necessarily statements of advice, opinion, or information of TH or any or any TH-affiliated person or entity.
TH and any information, products or services therein are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for use of a particular purpose, or noninfringement.
TH does not warrant that TH will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner or that TH is free of viruses or other harmful components. Use of information obtained from or through TH is at your own risk.
TH is not liable for any loss or damages including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, errors, loss of data, or interruption in availability of data arising out of the use or inability to use TH or any links; to your placement of content on TH; or to your reliance upon information obtained from or through TH or through links contained on TH.
TH is not an intermediary, broker/dealer, investment advisor, or exchange and does not provide services as such.
Use of Content
Under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, TH permits anyone to do the following with certain types of content from TH, in any medium:
To remix or otherwise alter TH material so long as the "TrendHunter.com" site logo and/or URL is displayed and credit is given. This includes, specifically, permission to reproduce quotes (up to 2 sentences), screenshots and material for mash-ups, parodies or articles for movies, online, TV or print. This does not include the right to republish content images from TH, for which TH may not be the copyright holder, except in the context of a screenshot of the whole site.
RSS feed use
TH provides a general license to use these feeds as detailed below, provided that they are not modified in anyway (including the stripping of ads):
1. For personal use in RSS readers, you may use Full ad-supported feeds. Ads must not be removed from the feeds.
2. For all other uses, including reproduction on websites, you may only use the Excerpt feeds, unless otherwise agreed with the company.
3. The RSS feeds may not be spliced into or otherwise redistributed by third-party RSS providers.
4. No content, including any advertisements or other promotional content, shall be added to the RSS feeds.
5. TH reserves the right to object to your presentation of the RSS feeds and the right to require you to cease using the RSS feeds at any time.
6. TH further reserves the right to terminate its distribution of the RSS feeds or change the content or formatting of the RSS feeds at any time without notice to you.
1. Internal links in TH content must not be removed.
2. TH logo and/or URL should appear on each page displaying TH content.
3. The format or branding of the headlines, text and other information provided in the RSS feeds must not be modified.
4. "More" links back to original TH content at the end of each post must be included on content pages and may not be removed.
5. Full articles must not be syndicated, only the amount of text found in the RSS feed.
1. Reproduction of screenshots is permissible, without prior written approval, so long as the TH logo and/or URL is fully visible or otherwise included on the page. See above for general permissions on partial content.
2. The Trend Hunter logo and/or URL must appear prominently at the top of each section displaying TH content.
3. Content must appear unedited, except for replacement of hyperlinks with full URLs and use of product manufacturer's site links where appropriate.
4. Images from TH must not be used in print without you obtaining the appropriate copyright clearances yourself.
Use of Information by TH
TH reserves the right to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request. TH may also edit, refuse to post, or remove any posting at TH’s sole discretion. TH reserves the right to restrict access by any users whom TH believes, in its sole discretion, are engaged in inappropriate, unprofessional, or unlawful conduct.
TH reserves the right to remove content which, in its sole discretion, violates any of the rules set forth herein of which it becomes aware, but is under no obligation to do so. If you are offended by any content of TH, refrain from using TH.
Responsibility of Contributors
1. Harassment, defamation, threats, stalking, bullying, or violations of the legal rights of others
2. Illegal activities
3. Impersonation of any person or entity, or falsely states or misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity
4. Infringement of another’s intellectual property, including, but not limited to, trade secrets, trademarks and copyrights of any type
5. Obscene, vulgar, bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive language or images
6. Commercial advertising
7. Securities for sale, barter, or exchange
8. Gambling, contests, chain letters, “pyramid schemes,” or “multi-level marketing” schemes
9. Viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content spam
10. Unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing)
11. Violations of any applicable local, state, national, or international law in connection with your use of TH. This includes securities laws and regulations.
Furthermore, you agree that, if a third party claims that any material you have contributed to TH is unlawful, you will bear the full burden of establishing that the material complies with all applicable laws.
Grant by Contributor
You are granting TH (or any of its assignees) a perpetual, royalty-free, and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, and sell any such information.
Choice of Law and Forum
“Trend Hunter” and “Unlocking Cool” are registered trademarks of Trend Hunter Inc. All other proprietary tools within TH are trademarks of TH. All other brands and names are the property of their respective owners. All corporate graphics on TH are trademarks of TH or TH-affiliated people or entities. Use, reproduction, copying, or redistribution of trademarks, without the written permission of TH or TH-affiliated people and entities, is prohibited. All other trademarks or servicemarks appearing on TH are the marks of their respective owners.
Unauthorized use of TH in connection with the transmission of unsolicited e-mail, including the transmission of e-mail in violation of this policy, may result in civil, criminal, or administrative penalties against the sender and those assisting the sender.
Content images posted on TH are readily available in various places on the Internet and are believed to be in the public domain and posted within TH’s rights according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act (17 USC).
It is TH's policy to disable accounts for users who repeatedly violate or infinge on copyrighted works, trademarks or other intellectual policy, when appropriate.
Trend Hunter features user generated content and submissions made from independent parties around the world. The primary purpose of our website is for research. We study the interactions with images representing ideas to better understand and predict consumer changes.
Because of our research methodology, we require thousands of experiments and articles to have enough data to detect trends with statistically significant assurance. At any given time there are thousands of experiments on the active portion of the site.
Our revenue comes not (to any significant degree) from advertising on the site but rather from our research and the custom work we do advising companies about innovation.
You understand that when using the Service, you will be exposed to content from a variety of sources, and that Trend Hunter is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. If you do so object, you should not use the Service.
Pursuant to 17 USC. § 512 as amended by Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”), TH has instituted procedures to receive written notification of claimed infringements and to process such claims in accordance with the DMCA. If you believe your copyrights are being infringed, please fill out the Notice of Infringement form below and email it to Trend Hunter Inc.
The Notice of Infringement contains requested information that substantively complies with the safe harbor provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 USC. § 512(c)(3)(A), providing that to be effective under this subsection, a notification of claimed infringement must be a written communication provided to the designated agent of a service provider that includes substantially the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that Site.
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
7. Notification from a copyright owner or from a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner that fails to comply substantially with the provisions above shall not be considered as providing actual knowledge or an awareness of facts or circumstances from which infringing activity is apparent.
Please email to Trend Hunter Inc. a separate Notice of Infringement each time you would like to report alleged acts of infringement.
Notice of Infringement Form To: Trend Hunter Inc.
I, the undersigned, CERTIFY UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that I am the owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner of certain intellectual property rights. The name of such owner is ____________________________________ (the “Owner”).
I have a good faith belief that the material identified below is not authorized by the above Owner, its agent, or the law and thus infringes the Owner’s rights. Please act promptly to remove or disable the access to the material or items claimed to be infringing.
Location of the alleged infringing material:
Description of the infringing material:
Description of the copyrighted work that you claimed is infringed:
You may contact me at:
Street address: ____________________________
City, State: _______________________________
Privacy & Cookies Policy
The Site are not intended for or directed at children under the age of 16 years and we do not knowingly collect information relating to children under this age.
Trend Hunter Inc.
206 - 26 SoHo St.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Trend Hunter adheres to the following fair information principles when processing your personal information:
2. Lawfulness, fairness and transparency – personal information and data must be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
3. Purpose identification and limitation - personal information and data must be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes. Trend Hunter will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
4. Consent – the knowledge and consent of the individual is required for the collection, use of disclosure of personal information and data, except where inappropriate.
5. Data minimization - personal information and data must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
6. Accuracy - personal information and data must be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
7. Storage limitation - personal information and data must be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information are processed.
8. Integrity and confidentiality - personal information and data must be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal information, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you give us
You may provide us with information through the Site, registering online for our conferences, by email, over the phone or otherwise communicate or be in contact with us as a business customer or business contact, when you:
- request additional information about our services or ask us to contact you;
- register for and attend our conferences;
- use our services as a customer (for example subscribing for our newsletter);
- receive customer support from Trend Hunter;
- register with us on the Site; and
- make any comment or contribution on our Site.
The categories of personal information you provide may include:
- first and last name;
- job title and company name;
- email address;
- phone number;
- mailing address;
- password to register with us;
- your personal or professional interests;
- favourite articles and view patterns on the Site;
- the industry or type of organization you work for;
- any other identifier that permits Trend Hunter to make contact with you.
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive personal information through our Site. Sensitive personal information is information relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership; health or sex life, sexual orientation; genetic or biometric information. If we do collect sensitive personal information, we will ask for your explicit consent to our proposed use of that information at the time of collection.
Information we collect from you
Trend Hunter collects, stores and uses information about your visits to the Site and about your computer, tablet, mobile or other device through which you access the Site. This includes the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider, device identifier, your login information, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and geographical location.
- information about your visits and use of the Site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site, pages you viewed and searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, referral source/exit pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and website navigation and search terms used.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a data controller, Trend Hunter will only use your personal information if we have a legal basis for doing so. The purpose for which we use and process your information and the legal basis on which we carry out each type of processing is explained in the table below.
|Purposes for which we will process the information
||Legal Basis for the processing
|To carry out our obligations arising from any legal agreements entered into with you, including registering for the services associated with the Site.||It is necessary for us to process your personal information in this way in order to enter into any legal agreement with you and to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.|
|To provide you with information and materials that you request from us.||It is in our legitimate interests to respond to your queries and provide any information and materials requested in order to generate and develop business. To ensure we offer an efficient service, we consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To provide you with an innovation assessment based on an assessment you request from us||
It is necessary for us to process your personal information in order to provide you with your assessment results.
We will aggregate and group results for various purposes, including without limitation, research, analysis, benchmarking, publicity and public presentations.
If you would to erase your innovation assessment results, you may do so by contacting us at https://www.trendhunter.com/contact
|To personalise our services and the Site to you.||It is in our legitimate interests to enhance your experience on our Site and to better our services. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To update you on services and product we offer, either directly or through third party partners, including our newsletter and information about special offers.||
It is in our legitimate interests to market our services and related services. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.
If you would prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt-out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link or contacting us at https://www.trendhunter.com/contact
|To send you information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions and other administrative information.||It is in our legitimate interests to ensure that any changes to our policies and other terms are communicated to you. We consider this use to be necessary for our legitimate interests and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
||For all these categories, it is in our legitimate interests to continually monitor and improve our services and your experience of the Site and to ensure network security. We consider this use to be necessary for our legitimate interests and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To measure or understand the effectiveness of any marketing we provide to you and others.||It is in our legitimate interests to continually improve our offering and to develop our business. We consider this use to be necessary in order to effectively generate business and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
We respect your privacy and, unless otherwise required by law, we will not collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without your prior consent. Your consent may be expressed or implied. You may expressly give your consent in writing, verbally or through any electronic means. In certain circumstances, your consent may be implied by your actions. For example, providing us personal information to register for a conference is implied consent to use such information to provide you the associated services.
Where appropriate, Trend Hunter Software will generally seek consent for the use or disclosure of the information at the time of collection. In certain circumstances, consent with respect to use or disclosure may be sought after the information has been collected but before use (for example, when Trend Hunter wants to use information for a purpose other than those identified above). In obtaining consent, Trend Hunter will use reasonable efforts to ensure that a customer is advised of the identified purposes for which Personal Information collected will be used or disclosed. The form of consent sought by Trend Hunter may vary, depending upon the circumstances and type of information disclosed. In determining the appropriate form of consent, Trend Hunter shall take into account the sensitivity of the Personal Information and your reasonable expectations. Trend Hunter will seek express consent when the information is likely to be considered sensitive. Implied consent will generally be appropriate where the information is less sensitive.
Trend Hunter will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you in a timely manner and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so or seek your consent for using your personal information for the new purpose.
You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. In order to withdraw consent, you must provide notice to Trend Hunter in writing. You can update your details or change your privacy preferences by contacting us at https://www.trendhunter.com/contact
LIMITING USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Unless required by law, or in connection with a business transaction, Trend Hunter shall not use or disclose or transfer personal information for any purpose other than those described above without first identifying and documenting the new purpose and obtaining your consent, where such consent may not reasonably be implied.
Subject to the foregoing, only Trend Hunter’s and our Affiliates’ employees with a business need to know, or whose duties reasonably so require, are granted access to personal information about our Members. All such employees will be required as a condition of employment to contractually respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Trend Hunter uses appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal information both online and offline from unauthorized use, loss, alteration or destruction. We use industry standard physical and procedural security measures to protect information from the point of collection to the point of destruction. This includes but is not limited to: encryption, firewalls, access controls, policies and other procedures to protect information from unauthorized access.
Only authorized personnel and third party service providers are permitted access to personal information, and that access is limited by need. Where data processing is carried out on our behalf by a third party, we take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to prevent unauthorized disclosure of personal information.
Despite these precautions, however, Trend Hunter cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet or that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to personal information. In the event of a data breach, Trend Hunter have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where required to do so by law.
If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us as set out in “Contacting us” above.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Trend Hunter will retain Personal Information for only as long as required to fulfill the identified purposes or as required by law. Personal Information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous according to the guidelines and procedures established by Trend Hunter.
ACCESS TO AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon request, Trend Hunter will provide information to you regarding the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information. Trend Hunter will respond to an application for individual access to personal information within a reasonable time and at minimal or no cost to the individual. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
NOTE: In certain circumstances, Trend Hunter may not be able to provide access to all the personal information it holds about an individual. Exceptions may include information that is prohibitively costly to provide, information that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, or information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. Trend Hunter will provide the reasons for denying access upon request.
RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object at any time to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests
You also have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests. Where you object on this ground, we shall no longer process your personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
YOUR OTHER RIGHTS
You also have the following rights under data protection laws to request that we rectify your personal information which is inaccurate or incomplete.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- request the erasure of your personal information erasure (“right to be forgotten”);
- restrict the processing of your personal information to processing in certain circumstances.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute and we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under the applicable law apply.
For example, we may refuse a request for erasure of personal information where the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. We may refuse to comply with a request for restriction if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
Where we have reasonable doubts concerning the identity of the person making the request, we may request additional information necessary to confirm your identity.
In order to improve the Site, we may use small files commonly known as “cookies”. A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (your “device”) from the Site and is stored on your device’s browser or hard drive. The cookies we use on the Site won't collect personally identifiable information about you and we won't disclose information stored in cookies that we place on your device to third parties.
You can find more information about how to do manage cookies for all the commonly used internet browsers by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. This website will also explain how you can delete cookies which are already stored on your device.
We currently use the following third party cookies:
Other 3rd Party Analytics
We may use other third-party Service Providers to analyze, evaluate, monitor and solicit feedback on our Service.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website of our business partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these webSite have their own privacy policies and Trend Hunter does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these webSite.
If you are in located in the EEA, you also have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority in the EEA. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk).
Trend Hunter will not share or release your full individual assessment results with individuals or organizations outside the party that provided you with the link to participate in the assessment. The individual or organization that provided you with the link will adhere to their own sharing policy of your results.
Trend Hunter will share and release organization assessments to organizations to help identify strengths, gaps and opportunities and team composition in comparisons to industry benchmarks.
You may choose to share your summary assessment or full assessment via social media or distributing the assessment PDF or link.
Trend Hunter will aggregate and group results for various purposes, including without limitation, research, analysis, benchmarking, publicity and public presentations.