Brands engage consumers with breakfast activations on-the-go
Implications - As consumers look for convenient breakfast solutions that are also nutritious, many brands are choosing to host immersive activations that include tastings and provide a chance to interact with individuals. Often intercepting consumers already in the midst of their busy morning routines, such well-timed brand activations serve to align a product with convenience and health, helping consumers imagine it as a normal part of their commute. In addition to showcasing the desire to balance health and convenience, this shift highlights the need for brands to move away from omni-channel presence to offer something more curated and meaningful.
Workshop Question - If you were to launch a pop-up series, what products or services would you feature? How would you engage consumers at the pop-up?
1. Convenience Breakfast Activations - Brands are hosting immersive activations that include tastings and provide a chance to interact with individuals, which serve to align products with convenience and health.
2. Experiential Breakfast Pop-ups - Breakfast brands are carrying out experiential tours offering passersby the chance to try some their signature dishes, and these pop-ups are situated outside supermarkets and at the beach, among other busy locations.
3. Breakfast Vending Machines - Marketing campaigns have included fun pop-up breakfast stations with vending machines, which are filled with robots and humans who prepare customized oatmeal choices for people.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - Breakfast pop-ups, drive-thrus, and vending machines demonstrate opportunities for new menu items and innovations, as well as creative marketing strategies.
2. Technology Industry - Breakfast vending machines and robots display the possibilities of technology to improve food service and efficiency, as well as providing customized user experiences and tracking user data.
3. Tourism and Hospitality Industry - Experiential breakfast pop-ups and activations are a unique way to entice consumers while they are on vacation, aligning food experiences with local and seasonal products and creating opportunities for social media engagement.