Bacon, eggs, sausages, toast and other cooked foods are the culprits of what makes a traditional Full English Breakfast known to be so greasy—but the Greaseless Spoon Cafe in Covent Garden is a pop-up restaurant where Londoners can indulge in one of these classic breakfasts without feeling heavy with guilt afterwards.
The pop-up cafe was created by appliance brand Miele and serves only breakfasts that contain about only 533 calories, which is less than half of their traditional counterparts. Cooking up greaseless eats in the kitchen is Masterchef Finalist Sven-Hanson Britt, who makes his breakfast recipes without any oil or fat.
By positioning its products as the means to create healthy English breakfasts, Miele strikes the perfect balance between advocating comfort and wellness.
Miele's Greaseless Spoon Cafe Serves Eats Under 533 Calories
1. Low-calorie Breakfasts - The success of the Greaseless Spoon Cafe highlights a trend towards low-calorie breakfast options.
2. Pop-up Restaurants - The Greaseless Spoon Cafe is an example of the continued growth of pop-up restaurants.
3. Greaseless Cooking - Miele's use of greaseless cooking techniques has potential for disruption in the food industry.
1. Appliances - Appliance brands can take advantage of the growing trend towards healthy cooking by promoting products that facilitate greaseless cooking.
2. Restaurants - The success of the Greaseless Spoon Cafe suggests a demand for low-calorie restaurant options.
3. Food - The concept of greaseless cooking has the potential to create new product lines and innovation opportunities in the food industry.