Skincare brands emphasize skin softening features in products
Implications - In addition to anti-aging, many cosmetic manufacturers are emphasizing skin texture in their offerings. Whether it's appealing to a specific skin type, or promising to soften skin, these products suggest that character, composition and consistency of skin is becoming equally as important as guarding against wrinkles. Replacing "toning," with "softening," these innovations suggest a gentler, more specific self-care routine.
Workshop Question - How can your brand create more comprehensive approaches to the benefits it claims its products/services have?
1. Skin Texture - As an alternative to focusing on anti-aging, skincare brands highlight the importance of skin texture to give consumers a gentle, more precise approach to self-care.
2. Herbal Skincare - Brands are beginning to integrate natural, herbal ingredients in their skincare products to provide customers with a chemical-free way to hydrate and nourish skin.
3. Personalized Skincare - Different skin concerns and issues call for unique treatments. Brands are now incorporating customizable kits and serums in their product lines to target a variety of consumer needs.
1. Skincare Industry - Opportunities to expand creatively by prioritizing specific consumer needs and focusing on skin texture and natural ingredients.
2. Self-care Industry - Skincare brands that target a gentle approach to self-care, placing emphasis on natural ingredients and customization.
3. Beauty Industry - Innovative and natural beauty remedies that highlight the importance of personalization and a more individual skincare-focused approach.