Well-informed consumers seek comprehensive warranty management services
Implications - Modern-day warranty services are going beyond providing protection, now offering timely information and updates on the product. The next generation of consumers are not only more conscientious, but also more well-informed when it comes to ongoing business transactions, and they exhibit a strong desire for consumer-brand relationships that are transparent as well as continuous.
Workshop Question - How can you shift your business model to offer more transparency, with the goal of increasing trust between your brand and its consumers?
1. Digital Warranty Management Solutions - There is an opportunity for businesses to develop mobile apps that allow customers to activate, organize and manage warranties as well as get in touch with customer service representatives for immediate assistance.
2. Over-the-air Software Updates - There is an opportunity for businesses to develop systems that can manage a product's software and firmware by providing over-the-air updates from the cloud, reducing recall rates caused by glitches in software programs.
3. Web-based Warranty Services - There is an opportunity for businesses to develop web-based warranty services with modern and user-friendly interfaces that appeal to tech-savvy consumers who desire practicality and connected solutions.
1. Insurance and Warranty Services - There is an opportunity for businesses to disrupt the traditional insurance and warranty services industry through the adoption of digital solutions.
2. Automotive Industry - There is an opportunity for the automotive industry to improve customer experiences and loyalty through the implementation of over-the-air software updates and innovative warranty services.
3. Consumer Electronics Industry - There is an opportunity for the consumer electronics industry to develop better warranty management solutions that empower customers to access and manage their warranty information on-the-go.