Flo is a Dutch company that's simplifying the process of getting reduced premiums on driver's insurance. To do this, Flo gamifies the experience, resulting in safer drivers and hopefully, fewer accidents on the road.
The Flo app only uses a car's GPS system to assess how a driver accelerates, brakes, speeds and handles corners. The app is completely free to use and download, which means that there is no expensive equipment required to improve one's driving habits. In order to grant discounts, Flo uses an incredibly simple system—a trip score of 95 equates to a savings of €95. Off of the road, Flo's users are able to look back on the collected data and review assessments made over the course of a trip.
In addition to the safety and cost benefits, many Flo users have reported that they've been able to reduce their CO2 emissions and drive further distances as well.
'Flo' Coaches Users on Road Habits to Reduce Driver's Insurance
1. Gamified Driving Apps - Flo gamifies the insurance process to promote safer driving habits and reduce accidents on the road.
2. Gps-based Driver Assessments - Flo uses GPS technology to evaluate driver habits such as acceleration, braking, speed, and cornering, enabling personalized insurance premiums.
3. Data-driven Insurance Discounts - Flo's trip scoring system translates into monetary savings, incentivizing users to improve their driving while reducing insurance costs.
1. Insurance - Insurance companies can leverage gamified driving apps like Flo to encourage safer driving behaviors and offer personalized premiums based on GPS data.
2. Mobile App Development - Developing mobile apps with GPS-based assessment features presents opportunities to create innovative solutions for driver behavior monitoring and improvement.
3. Automotive Technology - The integration of GPS systems in cars to assess driver habits opens the door for advancements in automotive safety and personalized driving experiences.