The mail service in Switzerland has launched a set of mail delivering drones to aid and assist in the timely distribution of packages. These drones will act as an additional service to the existing mail carriers and will enhance postal deliveries without replacing current carriers' jobs.
The unique aspect of this mail delivering drone called Matternet ONE is that it is self-driving. That means that there is no camera equipped to the drone, it's not being guided by a person from a remote location. This nifty drone can carry a two-pound package for six miles on one charge.
This drone was created and designed from the collaborative efforts of the Swiss Post and a Silicon Valley drone start-up company called Matternet. Without replacing human jobs, these special drones will be more like helpers when delivering packages, medical supplies and time-sensitive items.
These Handy Drones will Help Mail Services without Replacing Mail Carriers
1. Self-driving Drones - Opportunities for innovation in the development of self-driving drones for delivery services.
2. Collaborative Drone Technology - Opportunities for innovation in the collaboration between drone start-ups and established postal services.
3. Human-aided Drones - Opportunities for innovation in the design and implementation of drones in assistance to human workers.
1. Postal Services - The mail service industry has the opportunity to introduce drone technology for enhanced efficiency in package deliveries.
2. Drone Technology - The drone technology industry has the opportunity to collaborate with established postal services for the development of improved drone delivery services.
3. Medical Supply Deliveries - The healthcare industry has the opportunity to utilize drone technology for efficient and timely delivery of medical supplies and equipment.