Consumers opt for vehicle safety add-ons offered by auto startups
Implications - As consumers look to all resources to ensure vehicle safety, many are opting for after-market anti-collisions systems that offset the capabilities of the particular make and model. Such tech products highlight the influence of the automotive startup industry on mainstream offerings and speaks to the ability of new ventures to adapt more quickly in order to meet evolving consumer desires.
Workshop Question - What's something your consumer feels is missing from their experience with your brand? How could you help close that gap with an accompanying service or product?
1. Vehicle Safety Add-ons - The growing trend towards vehicle safety add-ons showcases the influence of the automotive startup industry.
2. Connected Vehicle Security Solutions - The rise of the connected car segment creates an opportunity for cybersecurity solutions in the auto industry.
3. Cloud-based Auto Safety Platforms - Cloud-based mobile safety platforms like Driversiti transform smartphones into driver assistance tools to ensure driver safety and situational awareness.
1. Automotive Industry - The automotive industry can benefit from incorporating vehicle safety add-ons and cybersecurity solutions into their products.
2. Technology Industry - The technology industry can supply the cloud-based platforms and apps that can turn smartphones into driver assistance tools.
3. Transportation Industry - The transportation industry can use connected vehicle and autonomous driving safety solutions to improve road safety and reduce congestion.