With the rise of niche diets, even indulgent foods get an overhaul
Implications - Catering to those who are more particular about their diets, more and more traditionally meat and dairy-based recipes are seeing a shift in ingredients. Allowing consumers to indulge in familiar foods without breaking their approach or commitment to their well-being, this shift reflects an openness to modified approaches to popular dishes.
Workshop Question - Instead of adding benefits to your offerings, what aspect could you remove to improve consumer perception?
1. Alternative Ingredients - Increasing numbers of meat and dairy-based recipes are seeing a shift in ingredients to cater to those who are more particular about their diets, allowing consumers to indulge in familiar foods without breaking their approach or commitment to their well-being.
2. Plant-based Foods - There has been a surge in plant-based eating, reflected in the rise of pizza parlours and offerings in traditional outlets, from vegan-friendly pizzas to meatless pizza pockets.
3. Gluten-free Options - There has been a rising consumer demand for gluten-free options, with more pizza crusts being made with polenta, sweet potato, and other non-wheat ingredients.
1. Food & Beverage - The food and beverage industry has been influenced by increased consumer demand for healthier and alternative ingredient pizzas, leading to plant-based options, gluten-free offerings and more.
2. Health & Wellness - The health and wellness industry has been impacted by the trend towards healthier, more wholesome pizza options, and has introduced new options catering to people with dietary restrictions.
3. Hospitality - The hospitality industry has had to adapt to the increasing consumer demand for alternative-ingredient pizzas and include options for consumers with dietary preferences and restrictions.