Daiya is a brand that's well-known for its cheese-style blocks, shreds, spreads, frozen pizzas and even a few 'Cheezecakes'—now this assortment also includes a dairy-free yogurt.
While there are plenty of thin coconut milk or almond-based vegan yogurts on the market that appeal to consumers following a plant-based diet, this one from Daiya aims to mimic a rich Greek yogurt-style texture. In place of dairy ingredients derived from animals, what makes of the thick texture of the yogurt are a range of ingredients like tapioca starch, coconut cream, pea protein, potato starch and lemon juice, presumably for tartness.
In a single one cup serving, this dairy-free yogurt contains about eight grams of protein and accounts for about 20% of the percent daily values required for B12.
Daiya's Dairy Free-Yogurt Emulates the Greek Yogurt Style
1. Dairy-free Yogurts - Opportunity for developing new dairy-free yogurt products to cater to the growing demand for plant-based alternatives.
2. Greek Yogurt-style - Innovation opportunity in creating Greek yogurt-style texture in dairy-free yogurts using alternative ingredients.
3. Plant-based Diet - Development of more options for consumers following a plant-based diet, such as dairy-free Greek yogurts.
1. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for food and beverage companies to expand their product lines with dairy-free Greek yogurt alternatives.
2. Plant-based Alternatives - Growing market for dairy-free products, including Greek yogurt-style alternatives, within the plant-based industry.
3. Health and Wellness - Innovation opportunity to provide healthier and protein-rich dairy-free alternatives, like the Daiya dairy-free Greek yogurt.