There are some foodies who view their appetites as something to be conquered—for those people who also make a point to follow a plant-based and cruelty-free diet, there's a vegan pizza called the 'Pig Destroyer Destroyer.'
While there are plenty of pizzas out there for meat lovers, this one from Apiecalypse Now! in NYC seems to be the vegan meat lover's equivalent. This pizza gets its name from the Pig Destroyer pizza served at Sizzle Pie, which is made with real pig meat.
At the vegan pizza and snack bar, the Pig Destroyer Destroyer pizza is described as "obnoxiously meaty," containing five types of mock meat like "pepperphony" and "not chicken," as well as a few artichokes to up the vegetable content and generous amounts of Daiya's meltable dairy-free cheese.
This Apiecalypse Now! Pizza is Made with Five Kinds of Mock Meat Products
1. Mock Meat Mania - Plant-based diets are a growing trend, and companies that create tasty vegan options using mock meat products have an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the food industry.
2. Meat-like Alternatives - The rise of vegan meat lovers presents a trend for creating innovative meat-like alternatives using plant-based products in the food industry.
3. Vegan Junk Food - Unashamedly indulgent vegan junk food is a trend, and companies that create plant-based versions of classic comfort foods have an opportunity for disruptive innovation.
1. Food and Beverage - Plant-based diets are driving innovation in the food and beverage industry with new products, packaging and sustainability features.
2. Fast-food Chains - Fast food chains are adopting new and diverse product lines that cater to consumers looking for more vegan, environmentally friendly options.
3. Nutrition and Wellness - The nutrition and wellness industry has an opportunity for disruptive innovation through the development of plant-based meal plans and health-focused dietary supplements.