Canadian Coffee chain Country Style recently introduced a Cinnamon Toast Crunch Doughnut that combines a beloved breakfast cereal with a delicious donut. In recent years, the lines between breakfast and dessert have been blurred with sugary pastries and breakfast sandwiches made with sweet ingredients. The latest treat from Country Style gives consumers a new treat to enjoy in the morning or as an indulgent after-dinner snack.
The Cinnamon Toast Crunch Doughnut is a hybrid pastry that combines a regular donut with cream cheese icing and pieces of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Because many people grew up eating General Mills cereals such as Cinnamon Toast Crunch, the ultra-sweet treat has a nostalgic factor that is sure to resonate with consumers. It will also likely appeal to adventurous foodies that are always on the lookout for the next unique food mash-up.
Country Style's Cinnamon Toast Crunch Doughnut is a Hybrid Breakfast Treat
1. Breakfast-dessert Hybrids - The blurring lines between breakfast and dessert are creating an opportunity for the creation of more unique pastry mash-ups like cereal-coated donuts.
2. Nostalgic Food Mashups - Food products that tap into a sense of nostalgia for a brand or flavor could be successful in generating consumer interest.
3. Adventurous Foodie Culture - The push for consumers to try new and unique food combinations may create a market for pastry mashups like cereal-coated donuts.
1. Bakery - Bakeries have an opportunity to explore pastry mash-up creations as a way to stay on-trend and capture consumer interest.
2. Cereal - Cereal companies may see a potential increase in sales by partnering with bakeries or other food industries to create cereal-coated pastries like the Cinnamon Toast Crunch donut.
3. Coffee Shops - Coffee shops or other breakfast and pastry retailers could benefit from offering unique mash-up items like the Cinnamon Toast Crunch donut to attract and retain customers.