Pop-up branding takes on environmentally friendly causes
Implications - Brands are beginning to better channel the attention that pop-ups garner by coupling them with eco-friendly initiatives–expanding the reach of both the products, and the causes those products are aligned with. These new pop-up experiences come as consumers increasingly seek out purpose-based brand alignment, in which their values are met with brands that understand and empower them.
Workshop Question - How can your brand better align itself with its customers' most revered values?
1. Eco Pop-ups - More brands are coupling pop-ups with eco-friendly initiatives to expand their reach and align their products with consumer values. Trending elements include cardboard tube design, coal-made desserts, plant-based faux fur and zero-waste cafes.
2. Modular Pop-ups - The rise in modular pop-ups has emerged in response to brands looking for more efficient methods of engaging with consumers that don't require extensive planning or infrastructure to implement. Emerging views range from futurist food production to towable hotels, or even eight bike capacity racks.
3. Anti-pollution Pop-ups - In an effort to bring awareness to important issues, some pop-ups are producing art installations, stores or galleries that exclusively feature items made from pollution capturing devices. Thus indicating an emerging space of increasing awareness towards air quality and sustainability.
1. Eco-friendly Retail - Sustainability and eco-awareness is a growing trend in the retail industry. Brand conscious and socially responsible consumers are seeking out eco-friendly products. Businesses and industries that adapt to meet these demands stand to profit and increase consumer trust.
2. Luxury Hospitality - Modular/temporary lodging and other luxury experiences like pop-up boutiques, stores and hotels are all increasingly being viewed as desirable ways to rapidly meet consumer needs. Established companies and newcomers who could pioneer such trends might see an increase in profit as more consumers grow accustomed to this form of luxury.
3. Urban Planning - The trend in temporary pop-up infrastructure, like bike racks and modular kiosks, call to attention the need for increasing innovation in the field of urban development. Businesses and professionals in these fields can benefit from these trends by creating products and services that help cities become more efficient in use of space, offering eco-friendlier options and promoting safe transportation alternatives.