Brands hone in on traveler experience with the goal of anxiety reduction
Implications - With the process of travel often being a source of anxiety for consumers, brands are developing designs, products and tools that provide relief to those who experience travel-induced stress. These innovations reveal the growing importance for brands to go further than functionality in creating positive consumer perceptions, and instead dive into areas related to user experience that had previously been neglected--ultimately creating more valuable, loyalty-based connections between the brand and the consumer.
Workshop Question - What are some of the experience-related processes that your brand has neglected? How can it improve them?
1. Creating Welcoming and Relaxing Environments - Interior design firms like Icrave are innovating to create spaces that are well-lit with soothing lighting to turn potentially stressful environments into spaces that keep people at ease.
2. Airline Food That Reduces Travel Anxiety - Food brands like Monarch Airlines' Monarch Mood Food are innovating to create food boxes that include specific ingredients to help reduce anxiety and promote relaxation during the flight.
3. Mid-air Well-being Apps - Wellness and meditation apps like Headspace partnering with airlines around the world are creating mid-air meditation platforms to help travelers alleviate anxiety and sleep problems during flights.
1. Interior Design - Interior design firms can capitalize on the opportunity of designing spaces that reduce stress and anxiety, ultimately creating greater customer satisfaction and loyalty.
2. Food and Beverage - Food brands can take advantage of the opportunity to create menu options that contain specific ingredients to promote relaxation and reduce anxiety, leading to a better customer experience and positive brand image.
3. Wellness and Meditation - Wellness and meditation apps can partner with airlines and other travel brands to bring their platforms on board, creating opportunities for travelers to reduce stress and promote well-being while traveling.