Hyper-playful packaging designs inject a sense of whimsy into beauty products
Implications - Speaking to the increased focus around experience when it comes to beauty products, cosmetic goods are getting a toy-like update, mostly by way of packaging. Primarily targeting adult consumers, this child-like approach to packaging beauty products helps consumers tap into a simpler time and adds an appealing element of personality to products in a highly competitive market space.
Workshop Question - What would a hyper-playful iteration of your offering look like?
1. Nostalgia Beauty - Adult consumers are attracted to playful, toy-like packaging designs for beauty products, generating a sense of nostalgia.
2. DIY Beauty - Consumers are drawn to self-mixing, at-home skincare products that encourage autonomy and personalization.
3. Customized Fragrances - Brands are prioritizing customization, offering opportunities to personalize engravings and add playful accessories to perfume bottles.
1. Beauty Industry - Nostalgic and playful packaging designs can create brand differentiation and generate customer loyalty.
2. Skincare Industry - Self-mixing, at-home skincare products encourage autonomy and personalization, meeting the demands of a highly engaged customer base.
3. Fragrance Industry - Customization opportunities for perfume bottles highlight and cater to the highly personal nature of scent experiences.