Emerging travel brands increasingly prioritize people of color
Implications - Between discriminatory Airbnb hosts and prejudicial airline practices, the travel industry hasn't always been as accommodating as it should be for people of color – a fact that is slowly changing via travel brands led by and prioritizing people of color. By creating such specific spaces, these brands are showcasing the importance of grassroots and self-led empowerment in the process of creating large-scale change.
Workshop Question - How could your brand collaborate with businesses that prioritize the empowerment of marginalized groups?
1. Empowering People of Color in Travel - Travel brands led by and prioritizing people of color showcase the importance of grassroots and self-led empowerment in the process of creating large-scale change.
2. Luxury Travel for People of Color - Luxury-focused, black-owned travel companies like Up in the Air Life offer curated travel experiences that highlight luxury in a way that creates epic experiences.
3. Inclusive Accommodation Services - Innclusive is a platform that helps people of all backgrounds find a welcoming place to stay while on vacation, and even includes a diversity guarantee to ensure guests can openly be themselves without any risk of discrimination.
1. Travel and Tourism - The travel industry is seeing a shift towards a more diverse, inclusive perspective led by new travel brands designed for underrepresented minorities.
2. Hospitality - Accommodation services with a focus on diversity and inclusion like Innclusive are becoming increasingly important for travelers looking for welcoming and respectful places to stay.
3. Media and Entertainment - African diaspora travel guides like Travel Noire are providing new perspectives on often unexplored communities and cultures around the world.