Slight variations on YouTube videos are being used for clever commentary
Implications - YouTube is being used at an increased rate as an effective way to reach a younger audience. Brands are taking the entertainment in these videos up a notch by spoofing existing YouTube content for a more enjoyable viewing experience. This not only makes it more likely for said videos to go viral, but may lead to consumers actively seeking out content by a brand, motivated by entertainment.
1. Spoofvertising - Brands spoof existing YouTube content for a more enjoyable viewing experience, effectively reaching a younger audience and motivating consumers by entertainment. Disruptive innovation opportunity lies in creating humorous mashups that engage millennials.
2. Interactive Safety Campaigns - Awareness campaigns that shock viewers into action are not only effective, but can be shared easily and broadcast on social media. Disruptive innovation opportunity lies in developing unexpected means of communicating important messages to engage audiences.
3. Satirical Videos - Parodying existing content can challenge the status quo and start important conversations while still being humorous. Disruptive innovation opportunity lies in creating eye-catching, satirical content to challenge stereotypes and social norms.
1. Marketing & Advertising - Marketers and advertisers can use spoofvertising and satirical videos as an effective way to engage and entertain audiences, resulting in viral content that motivates consumers to seek out their brand or product.
2. Social and Public Health - Developing interactive campaigns that shock viewers into awareness about issues such as safety can go viral on social media and start important conversations, making it easier to spread the word.
3. Entertainment - Satirical mashups can challenge traditional media narratives and engage audiences in conversations about social norms and stereotypes, providing growth opportunities for entertainment companies and creatives.