Famed Hispanic icons like Frida Kahlo are being reinvented
Implications - Fashion, photography and other industries are turning to Mexican icon Frida Kahlo as inspiration for aesthetic endeavors. Representing both fierce creativity, innovation, and a slightly subversive attitude toward commercialism, Kahlo's unforgettable appearance and approach to self expression lend an appealingly nostalgic style to these products.
1. Feminist Icons - The nostalgia surrounding Hispanic feminist icons like Frida Kahlo is inspiring various products and creative endeavors in the fashion and photography industries.
2. Cultural Heritage - Products and creative endeavors that pay homage to historical figures like Frida Kahlo are on the rise, inspiring numerous fashion editorials and photo series in the photography and fashion industries.
3. Mixed Media Collaborations - Collaborations between iconic brands and artists across various mediums, such as the Gucci x Araki Manga series, have helped further express intricate and bubbly designs to captivate audiences in the fashion industry.
1. Fashion - Fashion and photography industries have a great opportunity to explore and experiment with various products that pay homage to historical icons like Frida Kahlo.
2. Art - Artists have the opportunity to pay their regards to various influential figures like Frida Kahlo, by expressing their artistic vision in various forms such as paintings, digital illustrations and mixed media.
3. Publishing - The use of editorial photography and fashion imagery has increased in books and magazines to help revive the memory and achieve a better understanding of iconic figures in history, like it has for Frida Kahlo.