Consumers are seeking out apps that help them avoid connection
Implications - Though typically thought of as a means of bringing people together, social media is taking a turn for the anti-social. Appealing to a dry sense of humor and subversive attitude towards tech, this phenomenon provides an opportunity for businesses to create apps and innovations to help consumers put their comfort first.
1. Anti-social Social Media - Consumers seek out apps that promote comfort and avoid connection.
2. Crowd Avoidance Apps - Apps that enable consumers to avoid crowds and check-in data are growing in popularity.
3. Friend-avoiding Apps - Apps that identify safe zones without friends are engaging audiences.
1. Mobile App Development - There's a growing market for anti-social networking apps that help users avoid crowds and stay comfortable.
2. Retail - As consumers become increasingly interested in avoiding crowds, savvy retailers could leverage crowd-monitoring technologies to create hassle-free shopping experiences.
3. Social Media - Social media companies can innovate in anti-social networking by providing options for users seeking more privacy and control over their online presence.