Couples create customized weddings as a response to the state of the economy
Implications - Though extravagant weddings are beautiful, they can be costly and impersonal, resulting in a wave of DIY weddings. Aside from the frugality aspect, DIY ceremonies allow for more customization than the average wedding. Giving the couple full creative precedence means the matrimonial ceremony becomes that much more intimate, which is of high value to today's idealistic consumer.
1. DIY Weddings - Couples are seeking a more personalized and intimate experience in their weddings through DIY methods as a response to the costly and impersonal alternative.
2. Customized Wedding Invitations - Individuals are looking for unique and creative ways to personalize their wedding invitations, even adding technology such as LED lights for a personalized touch.
3. Upcycled Wedding Apparel and Accessories - Brides and grooms are turning to creative and non-traditional materials, such as bread clips or crocheted flowers, to make upcycled and environmentally conscious bridal gowns, bouquets, and decor.
1. Event Planning and Services - As couples seek more personalized and cost-effective ways to execute their special day, event planners and services can increase their focus on DIY alternatives and upcycled materials.
2. Tech and Electronics - The demand for unique and interactive wedding invitations provides an opportunity for tech and electronics industries to provide customizable and innovative technology for personalization-specific uses.
3. Sustainable Fashion - The use of unconventional materials in wedding apparel and accessories presents opportunities for sustainable fashion brands to enter the wedding industry and provide eco-friendly alternatives.