Billboards take on hyper-customized features with facial recognition technology
Implications - The use of facial recognition tech in publicly placed billboards is on the rise, allowing brands to customize to consumers via a format that was once a much more passive and less-targeted form of marketing. These campaigns mimic the same level of personalization that consumers are now accustomed to in the targeted ads they receive on their phones, but have the added benefit of novelty for the unexpected platform via which they're delivered.
Workshop Question - Conceptualize a billboard with facial recognition tech that would market your product/service.
1. Facial Recognition Technology in Advertising - Brands are using facial recognition tech in billboards in order to deliver personalized and highly targeted advertising in public spaces.
2. Individualized Advertising in Public Spaces - The use of technology such as facial recognition to create individualized and responsive advertising campaigns in public spaces is on the rise.
3. Emotion Detection for Advertising - The use of cameras and analytics software to detect emotions of passers-by and deliver tailored advertising is becoming more common in outdoor advertising.
1. Advertising - Innovative use of facial recognition technology in public advertising generates new disruptive innovation opportunities for businesses within the advertising industry.
2. Technology - The growing use of facial recognition technology and analytics software for individualized and responsive advertising presents further disruptive innovation opportunities for technology companies.
3. Transportation - Integration of facial recognition software and AI in Uber and personal vehicles, open opportunities of customization and personalization for In-transit entertainment and service industry.