Brands increase engagement with consumers by integrating NFC tags into packaging
Implications - With brands across the board developing more visually interesting and appealing packaging, standing out on the shelf is more competitive than ever. To address this, brands are turning to NFC technology in order to engage consumers with interactive digital content. Moving beyond the practical security and inventory-related applications of NFC tags, this approach gives companies a chance to more deeply connect to consumers.
Workshop Question - How could you leverage technology to more deeply connect with your consumer?
1. Nfc-enabled Packaging - Brands are using NFC technology on packaging for deeper and more interactive engagement with consumers beyond practical applications.
2. Connected Packaging Solutions - Curious consumers are seeking out products with connected packaging solutions that provide them with more information about the product's journey and brand details.
3. Smart Labels and Hangtags - Brands are leveraging NFC technology to provide informative, educational, and interesting experiences to consumers through smart labels and hangtags.
1. Cosmetics and Beauty - Cosmetics companies can benefit from NFC technology on packaging to better connect with customers beyond product information and provide tailored advice.
2. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage brands can differentiate their products on shelves by using connected packaging solutions with NFC technology to showcase product information, deals, contests, and the brand's philosophy or origins.
3. Alcohol and Spirits - Brands in the alcohol and spirits industry are leveraging NFC technology on hangtags or labels to educate customers on their products and offer interactive experiences beyond the product's taste or ingredients.