Over 90% of Louis Vuitton bags listed on eBay are counterfeit, and while some feature deviations noticeable to the average designer label connoisseur, others feature a nearly identical facade that can only be differentiated with the help of the 'Entrupy' camera -- a portable device that can detect whether a bag is fake.
The small device is programmed to decipher between 15 different brands, including Dior, Prada, Chanel and Gucci. Most of these bags can retail for over $2,000, making the instance of purchasing a knock off an unfortunate but probable occurrence. To ensure consumers aren't being fooled, Entrupy, uses a vast set of algorithms and material-detecting software that delivers analytics to a user's smartphone, deciphering between a real and a counterfeit bag with 98.5% accuracy.
The 'Entrupy' Camera Can Detect a Fake Purse in 15 Seconds
1. Counterfeit Detection Technology - The development of portable and user-friendly technology that can detect counterfeit products is disrupting the luxury goods industry, creating opportunities for improved brand trust and customer satisfaction.
2. Algorithms and Material-detecting Software - The integration of artificial intelligence and software that can detect subtle differences between real and counterfeit products is an innovative solution to combating counterfeiting in the luxury goods industry and beyond.
3. Data-driven Authentication - The rise of data-driven authentication provides an opportunity for companies to improve the accuracy and efficiency of counterfeit detection, resulting in increased customer trust and loyalty.
1. Luxury Goods - The luxury goods industry can benefit greatly from the development and implementation of portable counterfeit detection technology, as it could increase customer trust and safeguard the authenticity of high-end products.
2. E-commerce - The integration of counterfeit detection technology on e-commerce platforms could lead to a reduction in the sale of fake products, improving customer satisfaction and reducing legal liability for online retailers.
3. Supply Chain Management - The utilization of data-driven authentication and artificial intelligence technology in supply chain management could streamline the identification of counterfeit products, improving efficiency and reducing the risk of negative brand association.