Media platforms focus on niche entertainment interests to appeal to specific consumers
Implications - Taking a more specialized approach to content, media platforms like podcasts and online shows are turning to specific entertainment interests to connect with consumer groups. From platforms that highlight fashion to those that focus on cult Hollywood movies, these examples not only showcase a rise in curated content, but also a rise in user-generated content, where consumers are looking to reach others who can similarly identify with such niche interests.
Workshop Question - How can your brand adapt your product or service to be more curated to your consumer?
1. Niche Entertainment - Specialized media platforms connect with consumer groups through curated and user-generated content that showcase a rise in focusing on specific entertainment interests.
2. Podcasting - Podcasts are becoming increasingly popular among consumers and creating opportunities to tap into influential online influencers and communities with specific interests.
3. Web Series - Web series showcase the role of social media and technology in young adults' lives and make highly relatable scenarios that resonate with millennial viewers.
1. Media - Specialized media platforms that cater to niche interests are experiencing growth in consumer engagement and creating opportunities for content producers.
2. Streaming - Live streaming platforms are expanding beyond gaming and exploring new content offerings with interactive elements that resonate with consumers.
3. Beauty - Influencers promoting diversity in beauty are becoming increasingly important in the beauty industry and creating opportunities to expand narratives and audiences.