Brands merge online and in-person dating to create unique experiences
Implications - Brands that facilitate online gamified communication in various forms, particularly those that specialize in dating, are creating branded in-person events that blur the lines between online interactions and in-person ones. The increased focus on blending the digital sphere with real-world experiences in this realm caters to not only those who enjoy virtual dating, but those who have become disillusioned by it.
Workshop Question - How can your brand curate experiences that cater to both its most enthusiastic, and its most weary customers?
1. Blurred Reality Experiences - Brands have been combining online and in-person activities to create unique dating experiences for guests.
2. Augmented Reality - Apps have begun incorporating AR to create a more immersive and dynamic dating atmosphere.
3. Audio-based Dating - Dating apps utilizing voice recordings and introductions to help users get a better understanding of potential dates.
1. Technology - Incorporating technology into dating apps has led to greater innovation in user experiences
2. Hospitality - Hotels are capitalizing on app-created opportunities to attract customers outside of traditional vacation stays.
3. Branding/marketing - Creating unique experiences expands outreach, attracts new users, and creates a larger, more diverse customer base.