Architects build on old bunkers, or conceptualize contemporary ones
Implications - Bunkers are being revamped, or recreated, to better suit the design and function preferences of the modern day. Once products of conflict and fear, the re-purposing of such architecture connects to consumer desire for the integration history and modernity in the experiences and products they purchase.
Workshop Question - How can your brand cater to consumers' desire for both history and modernity?
1. Re-purposing Architecture - Revamped bunkers are a result of the trend of re-purposing old infrastructure to fit modern-day needs and expectations.
2. Integration of History and Modernity - The trend of integrating history and modernity in the experiences and products purchased is a driving force in the re-purposing of bunkers.
3. Vogue on Security - The growing interest in security and privacy has led to the increased popularity of bunker homes and apartments.
1. Architecture and Design - Professionals in architecture and design can leverage the trend of re-purposing infrastructure, by adapting and redesigning old infrastructure to fit current day needs.
2. Real Estate - The growth of interest in bunker homes and apartments presents an opportunity in the real estate industry, for architects and builders to collaborate on creation of novel listing types.
3. Security Systems - The trend of increasing demand for security systems and home automation presents an opportunity in the industry, to adapt and develop products to suit the objectives and needs of bunker homes and residents.
5 Featured, 45 Examples:
289,784 Total Clicks
Nov 16 — Feb 18
Consumer Insight Topics: