Everyday home products are given a design-conscious makeover
Implications - Consumers today, especially Millennials and Gen Z, are more aware of how important it is to have a strong personal brand, which includes the products that they purchase. Though apparel and accessories have long been ways for consumers to express their personalities and taste, consumers are now seeking out design-conscious products for even the most mundane aspects of their lives, like home products.
Workshop Question - How does your product or service help your customer express who they are?
1. Design-conscious Products - Consumers are seeking out design-conscious products for even the most mundane aspects of their lives, like home products.
2. Experiential Packaging - The shift towards experiential packaging is seeing even ordinary products become extraordinary thanks to expert branding.
3. Streamlined Solutions - There is a need for more streamlined solutions to accelerate capabilities with simple, everyday tasks around grooming and beyond.
1. Interior Design - Designers and interior decorators are tasked with ensuring that a home doesn't appear too cold or robotic, making modular tech-infused furniture an opportunity for disruptive innovation.
2. Consumer Goods - Experiential packaging turns cleaning products from ordinary to extraordinary, making it an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the consumer goods industry.
3. Health and Beauty - Streamlined solutions like the 'Push Lens Case' are an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the health and beauty industry.