Dating apps expand their reach into other aspects of consumers' lives
Implications - With the popularity of dating apps at a peak, these platforms are expanding their reach by offering services other than those strictly related to dating. Tapping into consumers' ever-increasing openness to meeting new people online for recreational purposes, big players in the space are rolling out features to help consumers make friends, network professionally, and more.
Workshop Question - How can your company tap into technology to make your consumers' lives easier?
1. Expansion of Dating Apps Features - Dating apps are expanding their reach by offering services other than those strictly related to dating.
2. Gamification of Professional Networking - Professional networking is being streamlined and made more rewarding through gamification.
3. Physical Extension of Dating Apps - Dating apps are expanding their reach beyond digital and offering brick-and-mortar co-working spaces.
1. Social Networking Industry - Social networking industry professionals can take note of how gamification can be used to streamline professional networking services.
2. Food & Restaurant Industry - Food and restaurant industry professionals can take inspiration from Domino’s Pizza for unique marketing ideas aligned with popular dating apps.
3. Marketing Industry - Marketing industry professionals can reference brick-and-mortar pop-up locations as a way for digital companies to extend their brand into physical spaces.