Child-led initiatives empower young people to think for themselves
Implications - Brands are offering business models that aim to empower children, getting them involved in everything from travel planning to digital money tracking. This shift comes as Millennial parents increasingly consider independence and skill-building to be invaluable when raising their children.
Workshop Question - How can your brand add value in the form of empowerment and skill-building for its targeted demographics, whether those are children or adults?
1. Kid Empowerment - Businesses are offering business models that empower children, getting them involved in everything from travel planning to digital money tracking to healthy meal planning.
2. Digital Financial Education - Smart debit cards and digital financial tools for children aim to help parents teach their kids the value of money and offer detailed parental controls.
3. Kid-focused Podcast Production - Collaboration between PRX, Night Vale Presents, and Gen-Z Media to produce podcasts for children shows opportunities for producing creative and informative audio content for younger listeners.
1. Finance - Kid-focused debit cards and other digital financial tools show potential for startups in financial planning and education targeting parents and their children.
2. Travel and Hospitality - Kid-friendly travel agencies and apps present opportunities for businesses in the travel industry to cater towards younger audiences.
3. Media and Entertainment - Collaboration between podcast networks and non-profit organizations shows opportunities for businesses to produce kid-oriented audio content and engage with younger audiences.