The LUXY dating app now allows its millionaire users the chance to pay for the service in Bitcoin. The Hong Kong-based start-up is a different type of dating app, as it focuses on providing service for the one percent and requires users to earn more than $1 million per year. While the app is free, it does contain some paid services, such as the ability to message any user or get the assistance of a personal matchmaker.
The LUXY dating app has decided to introduce cryptocurrency payments for two reasons. Firstly, the addition of crypto support allows the app to align itself with the current lifestyles of successful entrepreneurs. Cryptocurrency is making a huge splash in the investment industry and LUXY hopes to cash in on those who have bought into the craze. Secondly, the introduction of crypto aims to lure in more engineers and data scientists. These two groups have been closely aligned with the new currency and LUXY hopes to draw in the elites from these professions.
Image Credit: LUXY
The LUXY Dating App is Allowing Users the Ability to Pay with Bitcoin
1. Cryptocurrency Payments in Dating Apps - Introducing cryptocurrency payments in dating apps for the affluent may attract more tech-savvy customers and align with current investment trends.
2. Focusing on the One Percent - Developing dating apps for the wealthy provides the opportunity to offer exclusive experiences and services, tailoring to niche audiences.
3. Personalized Matchmaking Services - Offering personalized matchmaking services, based on customer data, can result in more accurate pairings and a better dating experience.
1. Cryptocurrency - The recent surge in cryptocurrency can open up new opportunities for industries to adopt innovative payment systems.
2. Luxury Brands - Targeting the affluent market provides luxury brands with niche opportunities for exclusive offerings and experiences.
3. Data Science & Engineering - Implementing data science and engineering in the matchmaking industry, can bring about disruptive innovation, such as AI match algorithms and predictive analytics.