Brands employ illusions in the layout of their retail spaces
Implications - Brands are employing illusory designs in their brick-and-mortar spaces in order to enhance the overall customer experience. This shift caters to the consumer preference for experiential retail spaces, while giving brands some flexibility in cost due to the fact that these illusory designs can be constructed without the addition of tech, or entirely new services within stores.
Workshop Question - How could your brant employ illusory design in its products or retail spaces?
1. Illusory Designs in Retail Spaces - Brands are employing illusory designs in their brick-and-mortar spaces in order to enhance the overall customer experience.
2. Naturally Inspired Displays in Retail Stores - In-store displays that feature naturally inspired settings and displays are becoming popular in retail stores.
3. Combining Art and Architecture in Retail Displays - Art installations that celebrate the combination of art and architecture in retail spaces are becoming more common.
1. Retail Industry - The use of illusory designs and naturally inspired displays are trends that are disrupting the traditional retail industry.
2. Fashion Industry - Naturally inspired displays and illusory designs are particularly applicable in the fashion industry where aesthetics and experience are key.
3. Art and Design Industry - The trend of combining art and architecture in retail displays highlights an opportunity for the art and design industry to expand into retail spaces.