Apps that reduce and ease daily commutes are increasingly popular
Implications - With human populations in urban areas constantly on the rise, brands are releasing apps that reduce the time and enhance the ease of a banal but common aspect of city-living – commuting. By giving commuters optimized routes and enhanced navigation tools, the rise of such apps indicates a desire for streamlined lifestyle habits for busy professionals.
Workshop Question - How can your brand optimize a seemingly small aspect of its consumer's daily routine?
1. Commute Optimization Apps - The rise of apps that optimize commuting routes and enhance navigation tools indicate a desire for streamlined lifestyle habits for busy professionals.
2. Crowdsourced Transit Navigation - Crowdsourcing transit navigation can be a disruptive innovation opportunity for travel apps.
3. Commute Time Job Filters - Providing an option for job-seekers to filter job recommendations based on preferred commute time can improve overall employee satisfaction.
1. Public Transportation - The appification of public transportation creates opportunities for transit companies to improve their systems by leveraging popular technology.
2. Travel and Tourism - Travel and tourism industries can provide their customers with efficient public transit planning tools for an enhanced customer travel experience.
3. Human Resources - Human resource professionals can leverage commute time job filters to improve employee morale and satisfaction, thus improving retention rates.