Brands cater to the need for digital detox through gamified apps & devices
Implications - While it might seem counterintuitive, brands are offering digital solutions to those who want to detach and unplug from their day-to-day connectivity. Appealing to users not willing to completely eliminate their digital tools, these apps and gamified activities encourage users to stay focused on one specific application as opposed to multitasking a variety of things. This speaks to a growing desire to unplug without having to sacrifice one’s day-to-day technological needs.
Workshop Question - How can you provide your consumer with a sense of escape or relaxation from their day-to-day?
1. Gamified Digital Detox - Gamification of digital detox apps and devices to encourage users to stay focused on one specific application as opposed to multitasking.
2. Minimalist Anti-distraction Devices - Offering minimalist anti-distraction smartphones that display the need-to-know information and eliminate users from endlessly scrolling and losing hours to their devices.
3. Rewarding Digital Detox - Offering a gamified approach to digital detox, rewarding users with perks and incentives for spending time away from devices.
1. Digital Wellness - Digital wellness industry can provide solutions to help users disconnect and unplug from their devices while still staying productive.
2. Minimalist Technology - The minimalist technology industry can offer anti-distraction devices that simplify users' digital experience and aid in focus for increased productivity.
3. Health and Wellness - The health and wellness industry can explore gamified approaches to encourage individuals to spend less time on their devices and foster real-world connections.