Google's Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL smartphones are currently available for pre-order, and the company is offering complimentary wireless charging Pixel Stands to those who place their orders before the end of the month. The Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL come in three modern colorways: 'Just Black,' 'Clearly White,' and 'Not Pink,' the latter of which is a muted rose hue. The standard Pixel 3 boasts a 5.5" display, while the XL features one that's 6.3". Both models have 4 GB of RAM and can be purchased with either 64 or 128 GB of storage. Operating on the latest Android 9 Pie and Google Assistant system, the Pixel 3 is designed to accommodate every consumer's needs, while streamlining aspects of their daily routine.
Like the Pixel 2, the Pixel 3 is water-resistant, a useful design feature that's made possible by its single USB Type-C port. This port can be used with the included adapter to connect traditional earbuds or headphones, however the new Pixel Buds are designed to work with it directly. With real-time translation capabilities, high-quality sound, and touch sensitivity that allows consumers to access the Google Assistant whenever they need, the Pixel Buds further enhance the many capabilities of the new smartphone. To make accessing the Google Assistant even easier, the Pixel 3 is also able to pull it up when the lower half of the phone is squeezed, with consumers able to adjust the amount of pressure needed through their settings.
Apart from the improved level of convenience and usability that the integration of the Google Assistant brings, the Pixel 3 boasts an impressive camera that rivals any other on the current smartphone market. In comparison to the Pixel 2, the new model features 40% faster HDR+ processing, improved zoom capabilities, Night Sight mode to boost shots taken in low-light settings, and Top Shot mode, which snaps multiple frames to ensure that every shot taken is as high-quality as possible. Top Shot mode is especially useful when taking selfies or motion shots, as it's able to recommend an alternative shot where everyone is blink-free and looking their best. To further improve the camera, Google also installed a second front-facing camera, granting consumers access to both a standard and wide-angle lens.
Other noteworthy features include Playground, which allows consumers to create fun photos and videos with a wide range of animated characters and stickers, and its AR/VR capabilities, with the smartphone designed to work with the Google Daydream View headset. To make switching from another Android or iPhone model easier, the Pixel 3 comes with a Quick Switch Adapter, allowing consumers to simply plug in their old phone via the USB connector, and move their data.
Google's Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL are Available for Pre-Order
1. Wireless Charging Smartphones - Opportunity for innovators to create faster and more efficient wireless charging technologies for smartphones.
2. Real-time Translation Capabilities - A potential disruptive innovation opportunity for language-learning and translation applications for smartphones.
3. High-quality Smartphone Cameras - Innovators could focus on developing new features and capabilities for smartphone cameras, including improved zoom, low-light settings, and multiple lenses.
1. Smartphone Manufacturing - Manufacturers can focus on integrating the latest technologies, such as wireless charging, real-time translation, and high-quality cameras, into their smartphones.
2. Language Learning and Translation - Opportunities exist for language-learning and translation applications to leverage real-time translation capabilities in smartphones.
3. Photography and Imaging - Innovators in photography and imaging could focus on developing mobile applications that complement and enhance smartphone cameras with advanced features and capabilities.