Flipd is a new digital detox app that aims to help you curb your mobile phone addiction. Boasting a clever #FlipOff hashtag and the ability to free you from the constraints of time-consuming digital distractions, Flipd is currently available in the Google Play store and is something along the lines of the PC software Self-Control, which limits time spent on certain websites to help you meet deadlines.
Created by a Toronto-based team of Ryerson alumnus, Flipd is a unique, user-friendly approach to forcing yourself to make more face-to-face time, something that is particularly difficult thanks to our mobile habits.
The Flipd app boasts a handful of features such as auto-response text, smart lock screen, an emergency contact list and the ability to switch your phone "off," saving all notifications until you are ready to open yourself back up to those distractions.
Flipd is an App for When You Want to Disconnect from the World
1. Digital Detox - Opportunity for innovative apps and technologies that help individuals disconnect from digital distractions and promote face-to-face interactions.
2. Mobile Addiction - Opportunity for solutions, like Flipd, that address the issue of excessive mobile phone usage and provide tools for time management and self-control.
3. User-friendly Apps - Opportunity to develop apps with intuitive interfaces and useful features, like auto-response text and smart lock screens, to enhance the user experience and encourage application adoption.
1. Mobile App Development - Opportunity for mobile app developers to create digital detox apps and features that help users manage and limit their mobile phone usage.
2. Wellness and Self-care - Opportunity for wellness and self-care industries to integrate digital detox apps and tools into their products and services to support mental health and overall well-being.
3. Productivity Tools - Opportunity for developers of productivity tools and software to incorporate features that combat mobile phone addiction and increase focus and productivity.