Humor is being infused into parent-targeted products and campaigns
Brands are representing a more relaxed approach to parenting by incorporating humor into their various products and campaigns. The "humor" tactic is the most recent development in the evolution of parent-targeting initiatives. This shift speaks to the necessity of accommodating the personal values of Millennials as they become the next generation of parents, with a more relaxed and open-minded approach than their predecessors.
Workshop Question - How can your brand cater to the evolving values of each generation?
1. Parental Humor - Parenting brands are incorporating humor into their various products and campaigns, speaking to the necessity of accommodating the personal values of Millennials as they become the next generation of parents.
2. Realism in Parenting - Ads for baby products are opting for a more realistic look at the prospect of raising a family and celebrate the complicated reality of parenting rather than showing images of put-together families.
3. Satirizing Parenting Norms - Campaigns are being released to satirize traditional parenting norms and celebrate the perfectly imperfect Millennial parent, a disruptive innovation opportunity for brands to connect with this audience.
1. Parenting Products - Parenting-targeted brands are incorporating humor, realism, and satirical elements in campaigns, offering a disruptive innovation opportunity to connect to the new generation of Millennial parents.
2. Insurance Products - Insurance companies are using humor and satirical elements to appeal to a variety of audiences, presenting an opportunity to disrupt their industry by creating innovative campaigns that connect with younger generations.
3. Educational Products & Services - Companies can adopt the idea of personalizing messages through humorous, pick-me-up content that stands out from traditional learning materials.