Gen X inspires Millennials to seek betterment products that combat hangovers
Implications - Brands offer remedies for next-day-recovery due to side effects from alcohol consumption. Seeking a balance between habitual, social drinking and restoration, Millennials learn from Gen Xers to embrace treatments that mitigate ailments such as dehydration, without completely ridding liquor from their lives. This shift sees brands providing new products targeting aging Millennials who look for cues from older generations, as a way to maintain health and permissiveness.
Workshop Question - Consider your target demographic, is there a way to skew current marketing strategies that would align better with a completely new demographic?
1. Proactive Hangover Prevention - Consumers are looking for ways to mitigate hangover symptoms before they start to appear.
2. Natural Hangover Remedies - Brands are using natural ingredients to provide hangover relief, avoiding the use of synthetic drugs.
3. Cultural Hangover Cures - Brands are exploring traditional remedies from other cultures, such as South Korea, to create innovative hangover-prevention products.
1. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage brands can develop and market hangover-prevention products, such as probiotics, jerky snacks, and natural hangover remedies.
2. Health and Wellness - The health and wellness industry can create hangover remedies using natural, healthful ingredients and promoting proactive prevention.
3. Travel and Tourism - Tourism companies can create hangover-prevention packages, tours and products that explore cultural hangover cures.