Meal kits are being enhanced to offer more artisanal and sophisticated experiences
Though the concept of meal kits is not new, they are now being offered in elevated formats that focus on quality and aesthetics – a shift that can be observed in tandem with the rise of both DIY culture and aesthetics-based social content. From a brand perspective, these enhanced meal kits transform a traditionally "lowbrow" item into the opposite, and this shifted perspective works to better engage consumers.
Workshop Question - How can your brand enhance and reframe its most traditional product/service, or marketing techniques?
1. Artisanal Meal Kits - Meal kit brands are enhancing their products and offering artisanal experiences to engage consumers.
2. Celebrity-branded Meal Kits - Meal kit delivery services are partnering with celebrities to appeal to busy families looking for easier ways to eat at home.
3. Grocery Store Cooking Kits - Meal kit brands are collaborating with grocery stores to offer convenient, pre-prepared cooking kits in-store.
1. Meal Kit Delivery Services - Business professionals in this industry can focus on enhancing their meal kits to offer artisanal, celebrity-branded, or grocery store-friendly experiences.
2. Food Retail - Retail brands can benefit from partnering with meal kit companies to offer pre-prepared cooking kits to their customers.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Professionals in this industry can use the trend of meal kit collaborations to create marketing campaigns that promote unique and convenient food experiences.