Connected clothing is becoming increasingly health and security focused
Apparel with connective capabilities is increasingly focused on protective features like air pollution monitoring, disease-prevention, productivity, and even warmth. As the rise of health and wellness coincides with external concerns like climate change, these products are on their way to becoming essentials. This niche aspect of connected apparel goes a step further than simply adding convenience to consumers' lives – working to both ease and enhance them instead.
Workshop Question - How can your brand better consumers' daily rituals rather than simply convenience them?
1. Connected Clothing for Health and Security - Apparel with connective capabilities is increasingly focused on protective features like air pollution monitoring, disease-prevention, productivity, and even warmth.
2. Washable and Flexible Sensor Technology - Future for wearable technology that is more inconspicuous than current models on the market.
3. Smart Clothing with Sensors and Vibrators - Intricate systems that track location, temperature, and movement in a stylish and comfortable package that can be controlled via a smartphone app.
1. Health and Wellness - Connected clothing with protective features and real-time monitoring is a burgeoning niche in the health and wellness industry.
2. Textile Manufacturing - Washable and flexible sensor technology will change the way textiles are produced in the future.
3. Wearable Technology - Smart clothing with sensors and vibrators designed to enhance the wearer's experience offers disruptive innovation opportunities for the wearable tech industry.