The wearable technology market is set to be revolutionized by the new Fitbit Ionic smartwatch that is reported by the brand to be the first true smartwatch that it has created. The new device works to provide users with enhanced fitness tracking capabilities it has come to be renowned for including heart rate monitoring, blood oxygen sensing, sleep tracking and workout coaching. However, the device looks to take these functionalities further by also boasting GPS technology, water resistance and more to make it a competitive smartwatch option that isn't Apple or Android-branded.
The Fitbit Ionic smartwatch comes in three color options and can be paired with a number of straps that are made from different materials to make it suitable for wear when working or out heading to the office.
The Fitbit Ionic Tracks Vitals and Keeps Wearers Connected
1. Enhanced Fitness Tracking - The Fitbit Ionic offers enhanced fitness tracking capabilities such as heart rate monitoring, blood oxygen sensing, sleep tracking and workout coaching.
2. Gps-enabled Wearables - The Fitbit Ionic includes GPS technology making it a competitive smartwatch option.
3. Water-resistant Wearable Technology - The Fitbit Ionic is water-resistant and competes with other smartwatch options like Apple and Android-branded devices.
1. Wearable Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunities include creating a wider range of waterproof and GPS-enabled wearables for fitness enthusiasts.
2. Fitness Tracking - Disruptive innovation opportunities include incorporating advanced tracking capabilities like blood oxygen sensing and workout coaching in future devices.
3. Smartwatch Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunities include creating more competitive options that can compete with Apple and Android-branded devices.