Military technology industry leader BAE Systems has developed an exceptionally innovative side-loading cannon system that is set to be deployed by the British Army.
The cannon makes use of a unique rotating system wherein rounds of ammunition are loaded at an angle that is 90 degrees relative to the barrel, before being rotated into their firing position. The loading of rounds automatically results in the ejection of spent tubes outside the vehicle, allowing for the saving of both time and space. The 40 mm cannon takes the same space as previous 30 mm versions.
Ultimately, this side-loading cannon system is designed to help British military personnel save on both space and time in combat situations, giving them a tactical advantage over their foes.
BAE Systems' New Innovation Saves Time and Space
1. Side-loading Cannon Systems - Increased efficiency through automation for military weaponry.
2. Rotating Ammunition Systems - The implementation of technology for quicker, more efficient round load and ejection.
3. Space-saving Cannon System - Development of specialized weapons that can better fit within existing vehicles.
1. Military Technology - Continual innovation and development for military technological advancement.
2. Defense Manufacturing - Manufacturing advancements in weaponry to maximize space and time saving mechanisms.
3. Vehicle Manufacturing - Opportunities to collaborate with military technologists on vehicle adaptations to implement more efficient weaponry.