The incorporation of technology in clothing is becoming more commonplace as evident with the the recently announced Levi's Jacquard connected jacket. Developed in collaboration with the Google ATAP team, the Levi's Jacquard jacket is set to become a consumer product in 2017.
The Levi's Jacquard jacket -- featuring the style aesthetics of the Levi's Commuter denim jacket -- is outfitted with gesture controls and more. The Levi's Jacquard connected jacket is the work of the brand's to create a piece of clothing specifically for the urban bike commuter as a way to interact with their technology more seamlessly. It will allow for a bevy of different features to be accessed using gestures rather than taps or voice prompts to keep focus on the task at hand.
The Levi's Jacquard Connected Jacket is Packed with Smart Features
1. Gesture-control Clothing - The trend of integrating gesture controls into clothing can be disruptive in the fashion and tech industries, providing new opportunities for innovation in wearables and smart fabrics.
2. Urban Tech Wearables - The emergence of urban tech wearables like the Levi's Jacquard connected jacket is a trend that disrupts the fashion and technology industries, providing opportunities for innovation in smart clothing for urban commuters.
3. Seamless Technology Integration - The trend of seamlessly integrating technology into clothing, as seen with the Levi's Jacquard connected jacket, is disruptive for both the fashion and tech industries, providing opportunities for creating completely new products that bridge the gap between fashion and technology.
1. Fashion - The Levi's Jacquard connected jacket is a disruptive innovation for the fashion industry with its integration of technology and gesture controls.
2. Technology - The Levi's Jacquard connected jacket is a disruptive innovation for the technology industry with its integration of smart fabric and gesture controls.
3. Wearables - The emergence of urban tech wearables like the Levi's Jacquard connected jacket provides disruptive innovation opportunities in the wearables industry, blurring the lines between fashion and technology.