Art and design-related tools are becoming increasingly accessible
While high-tech tools like 3D printing devices and laser-engravers were once left to experts, these products are now being made accessible in smaller and simpler forms for personal use. These tools are giving artists and designers more flexibility in what they are capable of creating in their own homes and studios. This increased autonomy in the realms of art, design, and innovation works to give small brands and individuals a chance to enter markets that large brands tend to monopolize due to their vast resources.
Workshop Question - How can your company support smaller initiatives to offer more authentic and outside-the-box products or services?
1. Accessible High-tech Tools - Smaller, simpler forms of tools like 3D printing and laser-engraving are giving small brands and individuals the chance to enter markets that large brands monopolize.
2. User-friendly 3D Printers - The emergence of affordable, easy-to-use 3D printers satisfies the growing need for smart solutions that offer impressive results without the confusing elements previously associated.
3. Mixed Reality Tools - The blurring of boundaries between the tangible and virtual objects optimized for human ergonomics and imagination combined.
1. Design and Innovation - The attainability of high-tech, user-friendly tools allows for more creativity and flexibility in the realms of art and design.
2. 3D Printing - Both newcomers and experienced makers can benefit from the affordability and versatility of 3D printing technology.
3. Augmented Reality - As augmented reality technology advances, businesses can incorporate mixed reality tools to bridge the gap between physical and virtual objects.