Portable snack packs have been a staple in the lives of both kids and parents for years, but Kraft Heinz Co. is putting a fresh new spin on the idea for people of all ages with its Kraft Snack Trios.
The Snack Trios are 1.5-ounce packages that are divided into three separate compartments to provide a small sampling of cheese cubes, chocolate chunks, dried fruit pieces or even granola clusters. These new portable snack packs are reminiscent of the Oscar Mayer P3 Portable Protein Packs, but with less of an emphasis on protein.
Rather than just providing consumers with just one snack per package, some food manufacturers are now combining multiple food items such as meat and cheese or trail mix and beef jerky into a single container. This not only provides variety, but helps with rounding out satiety and nutritional value as well.
Kraft's Portable Snack Packs Pair Cheese with Chocolate and More
1. Multi-compartment Snack Packs - The idea of combining multiple food items into a single container can be applied further for more meal options and portability.
2. Variety-focused Snack Packs - Snack manufacturers can explore creating more variety with combinations such as fruits and nuts, or cheese and crackers.
3. Satiety-focused Snack Packs - There is an opportunity for snack manufacturers to create satiety-focused snack packs with enough variety and nutritional value for a full snack or light meal.
1. Snack Food Industry - Snack food manufacturers can explore these new snack pack possibilities to appeal to customers who want variety, portability and balance.
2. Convenience Store Chains - Convenience store chains can stock up on these multi-compartment snack packs to attract customers looking for easy, nutritious and tasty snack choices.
3. Food Delivery Services - Food delivery services can add these snack packs to their menu options to provide more variety and options for a quick meal or snack on-the-go.