Gen X looks for home-style treats for feel-good snacking
Implications - Seeking wholesome options to feed their families, Gen X looks for desserts that incorporate the promise of homemade goodness. While we’re seeing a shift in large CPG brands leveraging authentic-feeling packaging and flavor to catch up with this preference, it’s the smaller independent brands that are winning the hearts of this generation. Respecting the hard work that goes into starting a small business, Gen X prefers to support brands they feel truly care about their needs.
Workshop Question - Where are you in danger of ostracizing your brand from Gen X?
1. Homemade Convenience - Brands are creating pre-made mixes and packaged treats that offer a homemade feel for consumers.
2. Small-batch Production - Consumers are looking to support small independent brands who they believe care about their needs.
3. Simple Ingredients - In response to a growing demand for real ingredients, brands are simplifying their recipes and emphasizing natural, pantry-style ingredients.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can incorporate homemade convenience through pre-made mixes and simple ingredient lists.
2. Packaging and Design - The packaging and design industry can utilize transparent boxes, rustic aesthetics, and handcrafted details to capture a homemade feel for their clients.
3. Retail - The retail industry can benefit from marketing small-batch, independently owned brands to cater to the growing demand for authentic and unique products.