Streetwear looks take inspiration from the world of motorsports
Implications - As tastemakers look for new sources of inspiration outside of the formal fashion world, many are opting to incorporate iconography and designs that reference the world of motorsports. This progression demonstrates the all-encompassing nature of apparel trends and speaks to the continuation of obscure references as cultural currency.
Workshop Question - What fringe cultures could have a trickle-down effect on your industry?
1. Motorsport-inspired Streetwear - Apparel trends recently incorporated iconography and designs that reference motorsports for new source of inspiration.
2. Auto Sport-inspired Accessories - Obscure items like biking gloves, jigsaw puzzles, studded belts, money guns, and NYC MetroCards make consumers more likely to purchase quickly.
3. Racer-inspired Clothing - A recent X-Girl shirt features a checkered pastel design that's a combination of pastel pink and stark white.
1. Fashion - Fashion industry is adapting to new sources of inspiration and obscure references.
2. Sports - Streetwear brands are taking inspiration from utilitarian auto-related designs including car racing.
3. Accessories - Streetwear includes a wide range of products with little in common other than the bold branding.