Spending time with family takes precedent for Gen X homeowners
Implications - With Millennials moving back home and Boomers needing more care as they age, Gen X is faced with a household full of additional members. Already known for having strong family values, the Gen X demographic is increasingly looking for ways to adapt their homes to be more welcoming to loved ones, preferring to prioritize family-oriented down-time over other forms of leisure.
Workshop Question - How are you preparing for the changing life-cycle of your target demographic?
1. Family-centered Homes - The trend of re-thinking the design of homes to accommodate multigenerational families offers opportunities for home appliance makers to create new functionalities and design cues that prioritize homemaking.
2. Child-friendly Interiors - Child-friendly elements within interiors, such as chalkboard walls, provide an opportunity for interior design firms and product makers of kid-friendly home decor.
3. Luxury Cinema Experience - The trend for immersive, luxury experiences within the home includes home cinema seating companies that design seats that blend seamlessly into home interiors.
1. Home Appliance Makers - Companies like Samsung can focus on building features in home appliances such as refrigerators and dishwashers that accommodate large families.
2. Interior Design Firms - Firms like Compass Atelier can create bespoke homes with playful touches for families with children, seeking to create a great atmosphere for kids to explore.
3. Home Cinema Seating Companies - Companies such as Coleccion Alexandra can create luxury seating options for those people looking to emulate the cinematic experience at home.