In partnership with the world's first 4DX cinema company, CJ 4DPLEX, Cineplex Entertainment will be introducing an all-new type of motion-based cinema seating to Canadian audiences.
4DX auditoriums will be equipped with seating that can be programmed to respond to particular elements of a movie. On top of the dynamic motions that these movie theater seats will be able to make, movie-goers can also expect to come into contact with everything from environmental effects like wind, fog, snow, rain and lightening. The experience will also be enhanced with scents, bubbles, vibrations and "ticklers."
As more consumers opt for at-home entertainment and cinemas are struggling to sell tickets, movie theaters taking steps to offer experiences that can't be had from an ordinary living room.
Cineplex's 4DX Enhances Movies with Snow, Scents, Vibrations and More
1. Motion-based Cinema Seating - Opportunity for cinema companies to incorporate motion-based seating that enhances the movie-watching experience.
2. Multi-sensory Movie Experience - Growing demand for cinemas to provide multi-sensory experiences through the use of environmental effects, scents, and vibrations.
3. Competing with At-home Entertainment - Cinemas exploring innovative ways to attract customers by offering experiences that cannot be replicated at home.
1. Entertainment - Opportunity for entertainment companies to revolutionize the cinema experience with multi-sensory technologies.
2. Movie Theaters - Innovation potential for movie theaters to differentiate themselves by offering unique and immersive movie-watching experiences.
3. Technology - Growing market for technology companies to provide motion-based seating solutions for cinemas.