Desserts integrate dairy-free ingredients for health-minded consumers
Implications - As the health and wellness wave continues, indulgent offerings are seeing a shift in ingredients. Adapting typically dairy-heavy desserts like chocolate and ice cream with nut and plant-based alternatives, food brands are seeking to not only satiate health-minded consumers, but also redefine how vegan dining and dairy-free foods are perceived.
Workshop Question - How can you create an alternative perception of your brand within your brand category (i.e. alternative to the images of your competitors)?
1. Nut and Plant-based Alternatives - Food brands are adapting typically dairy-heavy desserts like chocolate and ice cream with nut and plant-based alternatives to satiate health-minded consumers.
2. Superfoods Inclusion - Dairy-free desserts are enriched with nutrient-dense superfoods like blue green algae, maca root, and noni to provide flavor and supreme nutritional benefits.
3. Banana Nice Cream - Vegan, dairy-free desserts are now emerging that are redefining how vegan dining, and dairy-free foods are perceived with banana nice cream
1. Plant-based Food Industry - There is an increased need for plant-based food alternatives as health and wellness trends gain momentum.
2. Superfoods Industry - The growing popularity of superfoods provides opportunities for dairy-free desserts enriched with maca root, noni, and blue algae.
3. Alternative Milk Industry - As more consumers search for sustainable, and ethical food and drink options, alternative milk has become an essential ingredient in dairy-free dessert recipes.