Hyper-targeted customization draws aspirational appeal
Implications - Going beyond the generalized “customization” of products that cater to the greater needs and more generalize preferences of consumers, products that allow for hyper-specific customization offer consumers a more premiumized experience. As the modern consumer mindset sees a shift in preference towards entirely curating lifestyles to suit personal branding, consumers become drawn towards luxuries that can be entirely customized to target their preferences on a much more particular level.
Workshop Question - How can you provide personalization that appeals to the curated lifestyle your consumers aspire to?
1. Hyper-specific Customization - Consumers desire hyper-specific customization in personal care products for an entirely personalized experience.
2. DIY Personalization - Consumers seek products that allow them to curate their lifestyles, creating DIY personalization opportunities.
3. Seasonal Personalization - Brands are delivering custom natural personal care solutions, tailored to consumers' seasonal needs and routines.
1. Beauty Industry - Beauty professionals can leverage hyper-personalization in creating targeted products to meet individualized consumer needs and curate DIY personalized options.
2. Consumer Goods Industry - Consumer goods professionals must create DIY products, including home decor, clothing, and food, that can be customized to match specific consumer preferences.
3. Technology Industry - The use of technology in crafting personalized items, such as Susee's smart moisturizer sprays and MATCHCo's personalized makeup apps, will continue to disrupt the personal care industry.